Employment Visas for Oman
Employment Visas are issued at the request of a local company sponsor and on the sponsor's responsibility to the applicant, who must be at least 21 years old.The visa is valid for entry, six months from the date of issue. Visas are valid for a maximum stay of two years from the date of entry and is renewable.
- 1. The sponsor must be a competent local person who is responsible for the accuracy of the data entered on the application.
- 2. The beneficiary of the visa must be at least 21, but not older than 50 years.
- 3. The gender of the sponsored employee must be the same as that which is mentioned in the work permit issued by the DG of Labour Affairs.
- 4. The profession mentioned in the employment visa application must be the same as the one mentioned in the NOC (clearance certificate)
- 1. Specified visa application form, typewritten, signed and stamped by the sponsor.
- 2. Two 4x6cm photographs of the applicant.
- 3. Copy of the applicant's passport which must be valid for not less than three months.
- 4. Work permit from the DG of Labour Affairs (clearance) and a copy of the application.
- 5. If the application is to be made by a person other than the sponsor, the representative must hold authorization, in writing, from the sponsor.
- 6. For persons arriving from certain countries, a copy of a medical certificate is required.
Next Page: Importnant Notes for Oman Employment Visas